Infectious disease serology / Immunology
Our main focus in the Infectious Diseases department is detecting antigens of certain pathogens and identifying antibodies against these pathogens. Our Laboratory Medicine team provides comprehensive serological diagnostic services by performing a broad range of analyses.
Range of analyses
- Serology: acute infections, immunity (vaccination protection), travel-related diseases, reactivation of infections
- TB: QuantiFERON test
- Rheumatic disorders
- Organ-specific antibodies
- Coeliac disease
- Onconeural antibodies and anti-ganglioside antibodies
- Veterinary infections
The serological diagnosis of Lyme disease is extremely difficult and complex. We evaluated the methods we used with clinically validated patient sera of the individual disease stages (erythema migrans, arthritis, acrodermatitis and healthy individuals).
- Screening: ELISA-IgG und -IgM
- Confirmation test: strip immunoblot with purified native and recombinant antigens
- Follow-up checks: concurrent approach of the test sample (free of charge).
- Neuroborreliosis: CSF/serum index measurement
Schweizerische Interessengemeinschaft für Zöliakie
Schweizerische Gesellschaft für Infektiologie
ESCMID (European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases)
CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
SAVETRAVEL (Schweizerische Arbeitsgruppe für Reisemedizinische Beratung
Your contact persons