The diagnosis of diseases (tumours and other lesions) of the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord, incl. the respective surrounding structures such as bone and soft tissue) is ensured by the use of state-of-the-art histomorphological and molecular pathological examination methods.
The diagnostic spectrum includes the following:
- intraoperative rapid incisions
- prompt shipment of fresh tissue for nanoDx rapid tests to external institute
- histological and immunohistochemical studies on fixed neurosurgical tissue samples (in 4% buffered formalin)
- next-generation sequencing (NGS) brain tumour gene panel analysis
- MGMT promoter and enhancer methylation
- timely transfer for methylation EPIC array-based molecular pathology methodology to external institute that analyses over 850,000 DNA methylation sites and, using a computer-based algorithmic process, significantly improves the diagnostic assignment of brain tumours
- clonality analyses in CNS lymphomas
- tumour-specific immunohistochemistry, ISH and NGS panels in CNS metastases
- cytological examination, e.g. CSF
Your contact persons
Our Neuropathology is an SIWF certified continuing education center.